What is LEAD?
Leaders in Economic Alliance Development, or LEAD, is designed to build capacity in counties or regions through a short partnership development and planning process that enables local residents to accomplish a goal. The purpose of LEAD is to accomplish specific tasks during each session that will lead toward the development of leadership skills and a short plan that can be implemented by the team.
- Leaders – Focuses on building and strengthening leadership skills in the community
- Economic – Concentrates on opportunities to enhance the local economy
- Alliance – Fosters the development of new partnerships within the community
- Development – Gets things done!
What Are the Steps of LEAD
- 1. Identify members for a strong team
- 2. Explore the community’s interests and concerns
- 3. Generate a plan of action to pursue at least one opportunity
- 4. Take action to accomplish the plan