Strategic Planning Concepts
- A community philosophy for development.
- Abroad statement of the overall goal or goals of the process.
Examples of Mission Statements
- To make Clinton a better place to live, to work, and to conduct business.
- To create an environment that allows Stroud to provide reasonable business growth and employment opportunities for Stroud residents.
- To re-establish Oklahoma as a strong economic entity with a more stable economic environment.
Mission statement defines the range and limits of activity for the total organization. Questions such as the following are answered:
- Who are we serving?
- What markets will be served?
- What are the major outputs or products of the organization?
- What are the major commitments of the organization?
- What defines the organizations' constraints?
- What functions does the organization perform?
- For whom does the organization perform these functions?
- How does the organization fulfill these functions?