Strategic Planning Concepts
- Are specific targets.
- Are based on more than wishful thinking.
- Contain a sense of economic reality.
- Provides specific direction for the planning process.
Examples of Objectives
- Make the area more attractive to customers by June of next year.
- Add street amenities (benches, planters) -Bring in new stores.
- Clean up the downtown area
- Make shopping more convenient by June of next year.
- Provide more short-term on-street parking.
- Provide access to alley parking.
- Add parking lot in specified location.
- Give the area a town center feeling by January of next year.
- Renovate library and make it a focal point.
- Schedule town events, such as parades.
Objectives should ideally describe:
- The key result to be achieved.
- Numerical measures of progress.
- Target date for completion.