The Rural Housing workshop was a 2-Day series intended to serve as a ‘Train the Trainer’ opportunity for community development practitioners. The workshop will included a multi-dimensional overview of the challenges encompassing rural housing through a national lens. These sessions will:
- Examine current housing trends, challenges and concerns facing communities
- Explore a comprehensive overview of housing data
- Identify resources to guide community-based housing solutions
- Practice a community planning tool useful in guiding decision-making
The Grant Writing workshop was a 2-Day series intented as a train-the-trainer opportunity for people who assist others in learning grant-writing skills. These sessions will:
- Explore important guideposts to have in place before pursuing a grant
- Identify relevant sources for funding
- Practice using tools to find and evaluate a Request for Proposals to determine project fit
- Unpack various key components of writing a successful proposal
Socially Disadvantaged Farmers and Ranchers
The Socially Disadvantaged Farmers and Ranchers workshop was a 2-Day series designed for community organizers and planners that work on this important topic on a state or community level. These sessions will:
- Examine resources and strategies to meet emergent needs and challenges of socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers
- Examine up-to-date information on USDA programs
- Determine methods to access public data to assess needs
- Develop stakeholder engagement strategies to build partnerships and accomplish shared goals
Three additional workshops were hosted to provide more in depth resources for those working with socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers. More information about these workshop can be found by visiting the links below.
The Veterans workshop was a 3-Day series designed for community organizers and planners that work on this important topic on a state or community level. These sessions will explore available programs and resources as well as tools that can be used to facilitate community decision-making and planning. Viewers can expect strategies such as:
- Accessing and using relevant data to assess needs
- Exploring how to develop strong partnerships to accomplish shared goals
- Identifying and using assets to move forward
- Examining ways to help communities plan and prioritize relevant action
The Youth Development workshop was a 2-Day series designed for community organizers and planners that work on this important topic on a state or community level. These sessions will:
- Identify resources and key partners to enhance opportunities to build, sustain, or grow workforce opportunities within their community.
- Distinguish between technical, life, soft, and hard skills, and the benefits of each.
- Increase awareness of how to match youth talents with available opportunities in their community.