Dr. Alan Barefield as the 2014 recipient of the Bonnie Teater Community Development Educator Lifetime Achievement Award
New Videos Showcase Civic Engagement Successes
National Agricultural and Rural Development Policy Center (NARDeP) Releases New Policy Resources
Reflecting On The Past Looking To The Future SRDC's 2013 Annual Report
Community Data Center
Demographics, Education, Components of Population Change, Housing, Poverty & Employment
- State-level as well as metro, micro, and noncore data were calculated using county-level data.
- The 2003 core-based statistical area developed by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget was used to define a county as metropolitan, micropolitan, or non-core; nonmetro calculations include micropolitan and non-core counties.
- Components of population change for the year 2000 include the period between 4/1/2000 and 7/1/2000; components of population change for the year 2009 include the period between 7/1/2008 and 7/1/2009. For more information on components of population change click here.
Income, Employment, Establishments, Farms, Travel Time to Work
- 1989 Median household income was used for the year 1990
- Goods-producing jobs includes the following industrial sectors: forestry, fishing, etc., mining, construction, and manufacturing; service producing encompasses all other sectors including government and government enterprises
- NAICS codes used for gathering places: 71 (Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation) + 722 (Food Services and Drinking Places) + 812 (Personal and Laundry Services) + 813 (Religious, Grantmaking, Civic, Professional, and Similar Organizations) + 519120 (Libraries)