New Videos Showcase Civic Engagement Successes
National Agricultural and Rural Development Policy Center (NARDeP) Releases New Policy Resources
Phase V of SET Launching in January 2015
Community Data Center
Demographics, Education, Components of Population Change, Housing, Poverty & Employment
- State-level as well as metro, micro, and noncore data were calculated using county-level data.
- The 2003 core-based statistical area developed by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget was used to define a county as metropolitan, micropolitan, or non-core; nonmetro calculations include micropolitan and non-core counties.
- Components of population change for the year 2000 include the period between 4/1/2000 and 7/1/2000; components of population change for the year 2009 include the period between 7/1/2008 and 7/1/2009. For more information on components of population change click here.
Income, Employment, Establishments, Farms, Travel Time to Work
- 1989 Median household income was used for the year 1990
- Goods-producing jobs includes the following industrial sectors: forestry, fishing, etc., mining, construction, and manufacturing; service producing encompasses all other sectors including government and government enterprises
- NAICS codes used for gathering places: 71 (Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation) + 722 (Food Services and Drinking Places) + 812 (Personal and Laundry Services) + 813 (Religious, Grantmaking, Civic, Professional, and Similar Organizations) + 519120 (Libraries)