Demographics, Education, Components of Population Change, Housing, Poverty & Employment
- Population, race, age groups, housing units, and components of population change data were obtained from the U.S. Census Bureau Estimates.
- Educational Attainment for the years 1990 and 2000 was obtained from the U. S. Census Bureau Decennial Census; data for 2009 was obtained from the Economic Modeling Specialists, Inc. (EMSI) Spring 2010 Complete Employment dataset.
- Building permits data (new private housing units) was obtained from the U.S. Census Bureau Manufacturing, Mining, and Construction Statistics.
- Poverty (persons) and child poverty rates data were obtained from the U.S. Census Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates.
- Civilian Labor Force, Unemployed, and Unemployment Rate were obtained from the Bureau of Labor Statistics Local Area Unemployment (data is not seasonally adjusted).
Income, Employment, Establishments, Farms, Travel Time to Work
- Median household income was obtained from the U.S. Census Bureau Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates (nominal dollars, not adjusted for inflation).
- Per Capita Market Income, average self-employed income, and average wage & salary income were obtained from the Bureau of Economic Analysis Regional Accounts Information (nominal dollars, not adjusted for inflation).
- Bank deposits data was obtained from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Summary of Deposits dataset.
- Percents of self-employed, wage & salary employed, goods-producing, and service-producing employed were obtained from the Bureau of Economic Analysis Regional Accounts Information.
- Gathering places, micro, and small establishments data were obtained from the U.S. Census County Business Patterns.
- Farm data was obtained from the U.S. Department of Agriculture National Agricultural Statistics Service Census of Agriculture.
- Travel time to work was obtained from the U.S. Decennial Census.