Community Choices Public Policy Education Program: Exploring the Human Resources/Economic Development Connection
Lionel J. Beaulieu, Southern Rural Development Center
Kenneth Bolton Jr., Southeastern Louisiana University
The Community Choices program is designed to engage communities in a systematic assessment of the linkages between its human resource attributes and its economic development opportunities.
Purpose and Objectives:
- Produce concrete results at the local community level.
- Engage local community residents in a dialogue and assessment of the linkages between economic development opportunities and the human capital attributes of their community.
- Strengthen residents' understanding of the complex set of policy issues associated with human capital resources and economic development options
- Provide a forum for exploring alternative strategies for dealing with these issues
- Clarify potential impacts associated with these policy issues.
Download By Section