The SRDC, hosted at Mississippi State University, receives base support from the U. S. Department of Agriculture, National Institute of Food and Agriculture (USDA NIFA).
The Southern Rural Development Center seeks to strengthen the capacity of the region's 30 land-grant institutions to address critical contemporary rural development issues impacting the well-being of people and communities in the rural South.
- Stimulate the formation of multi-state research teams
- Coordinate the development and revision of educational materials and maintain a centralized repository of educational resources
- Organize and deliver high-priority rural development research and educational workshops/conferences
- Provide leadership for the preparation of science-based rural development policy reports
- Build partnerships that link the South's land-grant university system with other key entities committed to rural development activities in the region
Plan of Work
Board and TOAC recommended focusing on three specific areas in the rural South in FY23. Develop Pathways to Resilient Communities Build Strategic Partnerships Mobilize Resources around Emerging Issues and Opportunities The following document outlines the Center's FY2023 plan of work, which is the result of careful input provided by the Center's TOAC and Board. As such, it delineates key activities that the SRDC will continue in FY23, as well as new efforts that it will launch in order to further advance the Center's important priorities.
Dr. John Green
Dr. Roseanne Scammahorn
Extension/Research Associate III
Extension Associate II
Dr. Michelle Eley
Administrative Assistant I
Contact and Location Information
U.S. Postal Address
P.O. Box 5187
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Campus Mail Stop 9755
Physical & Package Address
Find us on Google Maps.