Strategic Planning Concepts
- Are specific statements of what the community would like to be.
- Are performance targets that allow progress to be measured.
- A sense of economic reality should be evident.
- Are actions that will help the community reach its stated overall outcome.
Examples of Goals
- Bring customers back to the downtown shopping area.
- Become a retirement destination community.
- Expand the agricultural processing industry in the southwestern part of the state.
A goal is an end-state, or result, to be achieved. The more explicit the goal, the more helpful it will be.