Creativity is the single most sought-after attribute in the business world today—not surprisingly, since it is unquestionably the driving force behind today’s global economy.
– Harvey Seifter, Director, Creativity Connection, Arts & Business Council
Course Objectives: All of the objectives are intended to strengthen the cultural economy and its contributors—the artisan business by:
- providing artisans with a sense of the importance of the creative economy to which they contribute;
- understanding the changing demographics of consumers of craft and other influences on the craft culture;
- educating artisan business owners on the benefits and limitations of e-commerce;
- developing an understanding of how to maximize the use of the Internet to extend artisan business resources, and locate markets, customers, and networks that can strengthen their businesses;
- applying sound business management best practices in Internet business management; and
- learning best practices related to Web design and management.